The Geneseo School District will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
- Provide researched-based curriculum and instruction
- Highly qualified staff
2. Hold parent-teacher conferences (at least annually in elementary schools) during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, those conferences will be held
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held during the first semester with both classroom and Title I teacher.
- Additional conferences when requested
- Progress Reports and Grading reports are available online through Skyward Family Access
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress. Specifically, the school will provide reports as follows:
- Report Cards and Progress Reports are sent home quarterly throughout the year
- Phone or email contacts
- Assessment data will be sent home periodically
- Skyward Family Access online program to access student information including student progress.
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows:Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Open House opportunities
- Contact information will be provided via newsletters and websites. Teachers can also be contacted before/after school, through phone contact, email, Skyward Family Access, or by appointment.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
- Open invitations to visit classrooms
- Parents will be provided information regarding their child’s schedule and opportunities for classroom involvement.
- Parent Teacher Association meetings